With GTD, you can:
* Stay focus on your goals easily
* Have a sense of control in your business
* Leave overwhelming and cluttering in the dust
* Build strong momentum in taking actions
* Work faster and accomplish more
If you want to get from where you are to where you want to be in your internet marketing, the first thing you must do is to set your business goals. You got to know where you and your business are going to. (see: The Goal Setting Worksheet For Internet Marketers)
‘A goal without an action plan is a day dream.’ ~Nathaniel Branden
If you want to accomplish more and faster than your competitors in your internet marketing business, you must learn how to be highly productive.
I like to introduce you a highly productivity tool used by the high performance achievers in the business world called Get Things Done or GTD.
What is GTD?
The author David Allen of the book ‘Get Things Done’ describes it clearly on his site:
GTD embodies an easy, step-by-step and highly efficient method for achieving this relaxed, productive state. It includes:
* Capturing anything and everything that has your attention
* Defining actionable things discretely into outcomes and concrete next steps
* Organizing reminders and information in the most streamlined way, in appropriate categories, based on how and when you need to access them
* Keeping current and “on your game” with appropriately frequent reviews of the six horizons of your commitments (purpose, vision, goals, areas of focus, projects, and actions)
Here are the 5 key elements in the GTD system you can IMMEDIATELY apply to your internet marketing business:
1. CLEAR YOUR MIND by brain dumping ALL your business ideas and to-do actions
2. Capture ALL your ideas and to-do actions with a few simple STORAGE SYSTEMS
3. ORGANIZE & PRIORITIZE your to-do actions
4. Take ACTIONS and build MOMENTUM
5. REVIEW your result and REFINE your actions plan at the end of each week
GTD Idea #1 – Clear Your Mind
Our mind can handle about 7 plus or minus 2 items (i.e. 5 to 9 items) comfortably at a time. If there too many items are getting our attention, we feel overwhelmed. And we move forward with negative emotions, worry and difficulty.
In internet marketing business, you are working on:
* Articles marketing
* Social bookmarking
* Video marketing
* Landing page creation
* Squeeze page creation
* Testing headlines
* Autoresponder message
* Ad swap
* Forum discussion
* Reading others blog post
* Creating your own blog post
* Reading an ebook
* Listening to podcast
And so on….EVERYDAY.
Don’t you feel you are always behind on your activities?
The solution is to drop ALL those thoughts, ideas, things to do, things to learn, things to worry on a piece of paper or an electronic system. Let your mind to be clear and focus on just ONE thing at a time. You will have a sense of relief by knowing that you will NOT miss any important items because you have carefully captured them in a system.
Years ago when I started to get myself in doing internet marketing business, I always rush through those information online pages after pages. The more I know, the more I feel I don’t know
Very soon, I overwhelmed myself with those fancy strategies like SEO, PPC, and so forth. My mind was congested all day, and I still don’t feel I have absorbed enough information. It is very sick to go that direction.
The day I learn about GTD and start to OFF LOAD all my ideas into a STORAGE SYSTEM, I immediately feel lighter and happier in doing my internet marketing business. Why? It is because I have more mind power to knock things down.
In GTD Method of Online Success – Part 2
You will learn how to:
- Put Ideas into the Storage Systems
- Organize and Prioritize Your To-do Items